The Early Edition 2
Same name. Completely reimagined.
When The Early Edition launched alongside the original iPad in 2010, it redefined the daily newspaper. Now we’re doing it all over again.
Just like the original, The Early Edition 2 is a beautiful, up-to-the-minute newspaper that puts you in the editorial seat. But that’s where the similarities end. Completely re-imagined and re-built, The Early Edition 2 is a whole new experience.
- Two reader modes: Google Reader Sync or Standalone mode
- Beautiful, dynamic page layouts
- Optional display style overrides for Feeds or Sections (Normal, Photo & Photo + Border)
- Page turn animation that can follow your finger
- A clever, hidden toolbar which allows you to enjoy your content without the distraction of buttons
- All images are cached so you can enjoy the full experience when offline
- Tap an image and you go into a beautiful swipeable gallery mode
- The entire paper is searchable and you can save specific search terms for one-tap searching in the future
- Clippings & Readability. Two shoeboxes filled with stories you’ve saved for reading later by starring or saving to a Readability account
- Featured Feeds. This is our curated list of suggestions for topics and news sources that you might be interested in adding to your paper
- Many gestures that take advantage of the iPads amazing multi-touch interface
- iOS 5 Twitter integration and other sharing services like Instapaper, Facebook, Evernote, Pinboard, Delicious and Read It Later
- A brand new engine under the hood
Available now on the App Store.
Existing customers please note: We want to thank you for purchasing version 1. We have removed it from sale, however it has been tested and updated to run on iOS 5 and if you delete it from your device, you should be able to retrieve it via the new Purchased tab on the App Store. Since The Early Edition 2 is a brand new, iOS 5-only app, entirely rebuilt over the course of 12 months, we’ve decided to make it a paid update.
Follow The Early Edition on Twitter.