Today we’re excited to bring you version 1.1 of Tweetglass – the Twitter iPad app formerly known as Quip! (if you missed it earlier, here’s why we changed the name)
Here’s what’s new:
- New name (now Tweetglass, formerly Quip)
- View your Twitter Lists
- Streaming (over wifi, when auto-refresh is on in Settings)
- Auto-refresh intervals of 1, 5 or 10min (or manual refresh)
- A new ‘Who’s tweeting’ notification UI which lets you see who is posting new tweets without having to change your position in the timeline
- Read Later services (Instapaper, Pocket and Readability) via long-tapping links, which also includes Copy link, Open link and Open in Safari options
- Localizations for French, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
- Better timeline scrolling performance
- Native Twitter pics are larger and show more detail
- Double-tap the Messages icon to mark all as read
- New animation when expanding and collapsing conversations
- When set to auto-refresh (which changes to streaming when there is a wifi network), new tweets appear above if you’re partway through your timeline, but if you’re at the very top, they push everything else down so you can keep it open at your desk and go hands-free
- UI tweaks & bug fixes
- Please also note that the app’s Twitter account has changed from @getquip to @tweetglassapp.
Leave a Reply
07/30/2012 We've been so encouraged by the feedback we've received about Quip over the past two months since it launched. Here...
07/06/2012 After a very rough start yesterday, version 2.3 of The Early Edition is now available and contains a number of...
06/19/2012 We would like to thank everyone for the incredible response we've had since launching Quip. We set out to turn...
05/31/2012 Our new app is out! Quip. A new Twitter app for iPad.